Thursday, May 10, 2012

Extreme Disappointment..

This is what I'm talking about. Guess what, I will have to wait another year to enter medical school. Why? Because all other medical schools were closed already! I've only submitted by application on 1 school, and that is PLM (Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila). Recently, I only have 3 choices to enter medical school since my NMAT isn't that high. First is PLM. Unfortunately, I don't stand a chance to be accepted there, since my co-examinees are from some of the biggest universities in the country like UP, UST, etc. and I know that they are more competent and more qualified than me. Second is FEU, then third is DLSHSI. Let's discuss the 3 schools one by one.

PLM is one of the best medical school as shown by there consistent 90%++ passing rate in the Physician Licensure Examination, and they even produced famous doctors both local and international. For example, Dr. Senen Reyes, is the first and only Filipino Cosmonaut Doctor. Another is Dr. Bu Castro, former president of the Philippine Medical Association. One more thing in PLM, it has the cheapest tuition fee in medical school within Manila. If you are born in Manila, and currently residing there, your tuition fee can be as low as 10k Php! Yes!! 10k Php! Amazing isn't it? There tuition fee is really cheap, yet the quality of education is incomparable.


Now let's talk about FEU. I knew little about FEU since I only get information on pinoy.md. But I've also monitored their board rating since this is one of my choices. Despite having 100+ board takers, they are consistent in having a convincing board rating. Our school physician in my undergraduate school is from FEU and I may say that he is a very competent doctor and he told me lots of good things about FEU. For me, there are 2 disadvantages in this university. One is the tuition fee, since this is a private institution, their tuition fee is about 100k PhP. Second is the location. FEU-NRMF is located in Fairview, Quezon City. From its name, it's FARview. I've never been there but I think that it would take 2 hours of commuting   time if you are coming from Cavite.

Finally, it's about the De La Salle Health Sciences Institute (DLSHSI). This is one of the most prominent univeristy in the country. And in fact, they've just celebrated their 100th year anniversary. When I hear the word "La Salle", the term "Wow big time!" comes to my mind since I am familiar with their tuition fee. This is a private institution and of course you will expect an expensive one. This is my first school of choice to enter nursing school but unfortunately, as I came there to submit my requirements, I forgot my ID! I wasn't able to enter the university, and since that is my first time to travel in Dasmarinas, Cavite, I got lazy to go back because it's too far for me. DLSHSI have this above average board rating when it comes to Physician Licensure Exam. Recently, the university constructed a new building for their College of Medicine. They are very eager in improving their medical school to be the number one in the country. I have a friend and he told me that the facilities in DLSHSI are incomparable to other medical schools.

Well, becoming a successful and skillful doctor is in the hands of the medical student itself. It ain't true that your Alma Mater will dictate your performance when it comes to practice. My pre-med school is not that famous and yet, some of my batchmates were already in Makati Med, Asian Hospital, St. Lukes, PGH, etc.

I am now working as a review assistant in MERGE nursing review. I will enter medical school next year and there's nothing that will intercept my desire. Medical school will be always there and I know that God has a better plan for me that is why He made me not to enter medical school for this school year. I am planning to re-take the NMAT hoping that I will obtain a higher rank in order to have an additional school of choice as I enter medical school next year.

4 comments:

  1. Becoming a successful and skillful doctor is in the hands of the medical student itself - korak! Dahil dyan cyber Apir sayo Kambal! Astigin. Haayy, basta pag doctor ka na, wag ka makakalimot ha? papaaralin mo pa ako! kayo ni kuya. HAHAHAHA. echos lang. :)) goodluck. alam kong magiging Super Doctor Wong ka. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi edward,ok ba?
    "God has a better plan for me that is why He made me not to enter med.school for this S.Y."

    May I just ask what was the plan made by God for you since you weren't able to enter a med school? Did your extreme disappointment remain really an extreme one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Thank you for reading my post. I went teaching grades 2, 3 , and 4 from my Alma Mater while waiting for the next school year. Maybe I was just extremely disappointed because of PLM having me waited for so long and yet not accepted. But it is still my fault only focusing on 1 school. I will be entering DLSHSI this coming school year and wish me luck :) How about you?

      Delete
  3. How I Got My Loan From A Genuine And Reliable Loan Company

    I am Mrs.Irene Query i was in need of a loan of S$70,000 and was scammed by those fraudulent lenders and a friend introduce me to Dr Purva Pius,and he lend me the loan without any stress,you can contact him at (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Approvals within 2-4 Hours

    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete